Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

April 16th, 2018 05:00

XPS 9560 right USB Port problem

Hello, I encountered the same problem as with these two posts: 

XPS 15 right USB port connectivity problem

XPS 15 (9560) - External USB 3.0 hub disconnecting from right USB port

Basically everything connected to the right USB port keeps disconnecting then reconnecting.  I have installed the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers. The problem is stil present both on Window 10 and Ubuntu 17.10.

Is there any solution? 

Cheers

2 Posts

May 5th, 2018 00:00

I'm experiencing the same issue with both USB ports on either side. The connection seems to be extremely sensitive, and continuously connects and disconnects, ultimately severing the use of the external devices.

My USB devices is an external wireless mouse and a wired NUMPAD.

5 Posts

July 4th, 2018 02:00

Have new XPS 9570 (1 day old) and same problem . My USB stick disconnects permanently on the right slot. Same stick has no issues with other PC including my precision M4800. I had other issues with M4800, and now new XPS and again issues from the very first day usage.

Heh Dell - there are many ways to screw it up.

70 Posts

November 5th, 2018 18:00

Exact same problem with my XPS 15 9530 from day one.

Nothing works: updating BIOS, Chipset, changing various power settings in BIOS and Device Mgr, Uninstalling/Reinstalling from Device Mgr... nothing.

1 Message

May 21st, 2019 00:00

Sorry to resurrect, but this has been happening on mine since day 1 and I have simply used the left USB port without issues.  Until today, when it also started to make the constant connect/disconnect noises after a recent update.

What's going on with this?  There seems to be no news anywhere on the net of anyone who had the problem actually resolving it.

• 

16.7K Posts

August 21st, 2019 05:00

DeepBlue42,

Click my name and private message me the pc service tag number.

January 20th, 2020 18:00

It would definitely be great to get a software solution to the problem as I have to connect my Android tablet for a P1 issue for work and it's looking like that's not going to happen. I happen to have a 9530 but the same problem has been documented since 2014 and I haven't had success with any fixes to date. 

1 Message

August 25th, 2020 11:00

I've been having the same since day 1 on my 9560. I too used only the left but now it also starts doing same (hence the late visit to this forum) so I only have the usb c.

One thing is sure. DELL NEVER AGAIN!

1 Message

September 12th, 2020 21:00

Hello I also have a XPS M1530 I purchased new 05-2014 with the identical problem I experience frequently although am able Intermittently briefly access the USB to perform syncs at times, transfers. I have researched hi and low for solutions, have tried various fixes from software, driver and cable updates/ changes ALL TO NO AVAIL! Can somebody help meeeeeeeee PLEASE!

1 Message

September 2nd, 2021 03:00

I have this problem too, have tried suggested solutions without success. This is clearly a hardware fault and I'm guessing Dell know about it. It's really frustrating, because it reduces my XPS to two usb ports. Very restricting when editing video.

No Events found!