Community Manager

Re: XPS 9570 BIOS - Sleep Mode Gone?

Jump to solution

Hi Rafael,

Try this from the Ubuntu Forum.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
Andy_it
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Hello Robert,

I read your post, the one you say "Dell has decided to support the "Modern Standby" from Microsoft".

Could you please inform the people from Dell you are connected to that I am writing an article about it and I will soon inform every airline company?

It is DANGEROUS and it can lead to fire if a laptop resumes itself, suddenly, while it is in a bag or even worse while it is in the overhead compartment. Could Dell ignore this?

The XPS line will be likely treated (banned) as the well known Samsung Note 7.

If you want to "support" a new feature just ensure it is safe and working before forcing the user to use it and deleting BIOS settings or, using a bit of common sense, just leave it off by default and let the user EXPERIMENT unstable modes like this. At least, it should be a choice, don't you think?

Thanks

RenaudDumont
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Waiting for Dell to fix it.

timdbk
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Same problem on my side, obliged to use the hibernate option to ensure that it will not melt in my backpack... This is a pity. Probably my last Dell.

Highlighted
okwei
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Came back to my own post half a year later, and realized the problem is still ignored by Dell. Luckily i made the right choice to return this laptop right after I noticed they removed the S3 option. 

What I do not understand how Dell can ignore this issue as this is a serious safety issue, imagine if you put your XPS into the 'modern sleep' and leave it in your luggage on a flight. 

Probably the best workaround is to use hibernate instead of sleep.  

JDellJ
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Please share the article here when you do. Dell shouldn't of even considered removing it .

st-kovalenko
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with the Dell XPS 15 9570. Waiting for Dell to fix it.
This is a pity. Probably my last Dell.

0 Kudos
st-kovalenko
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

@dell-robert p,

Do your superiors know the problems associated with this model (which are described here)?

0 Kudos
chainstair
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Screenshot_20190213-215834_Twitter.jpg

Even Azor Frank knows it .. I think it won't take so long anymore to be fixed by Dell. Azor is solving problems in this company like nobody else... 

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/AzorFrank/status/1093947567438786560

0 Kudos
st-kovalenko
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Let's just hope that it gets fixed.
By the way, do you also have problems with the sound with the XPS 9570?
https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-15-9570-Audio-crackling-and-popping/td-p/6105798

0 Kudos