Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

March 8th, 2019 01:00

XPS 9570: ServiceTag not found and warranty expired

Hi, 2-3 weeks ago i've purchased 9570 model. I've registered it to my account at dell.com, warranty was showing until 2022 or something similar. Now yesterday i've tried creating ticket through SupportAssist and got an error that something went wrong and i should contact dell support. I've followed the link, which led me to page in which i need to enter my service tag. When entering i got an error, ServiceTag not found, or something similar. Note that week ago or maybe less everything was working fine. Even in that page in "Recently viewed" block i see my laptop with that service tag being listed. I've logged in to my dell account and i see that my product is listed, for some reason, under expired warranty.

**UPDATE**

Now I'm unable to open service ticket for described problem, and for some reason i cannot contact dell support through "Contact us" page, i get "single sign-on error"... It's very frustrating. What other steps should i take to get information why my service tag is suddenly invalid and warranty shows as expired almost 3 years before it should?

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

March 8th, 2019 04:00

Did you buy the system from Dell or from another retailer? If one of the big box stores for example, that could explain the registration and tag discrepancy. The one thing you appear not to have tried is calling Dell tech support to correct the problem. They should be able to get to the bottom of the service tag dilemma.

2 Posts

March 8th, 2019 07:00

I've bought it new, off of another person who bought it from amazon if i recall correctly. Later on I've registered my dell account and everything seemed fine. Service tag was working, warranty showing until 2022. I've called support yesterday and they said that they didn't have enough information to help me. I've provided my email address and now am waiting for a follow up. Just wanted to know maybe anyone else experienced something similar and could provide some tips how to move forward. For now I'll probably wait until monday or tuesday and call again if noone will follow up with the issue.
No Events found!