rawbite
2 Bronze

Re: XPS 9570 connecting to 4k uhd monitor through hdmi

I have the same problem but 60hz setting is not available at all in the mentioned settings page. Now, could any Dell staff shed some light on why buying their premium laptops with premium price tag involves us hacking around to make it work matching their own specifications? Why anyone would use their laptops if they are unable to get everything to work out of the box? Finally can a knowledgeable Dell support staff answer the simple question: how to make 4k monitor work at 60hz full resolution trough the HDMI 2.0 port from a 2018 Dell XPS 9570 laptop?

saunupe1911
1 Copper

I paid $876 for my New XPS 9560 from a major online dealer's closeout sale so it was a heck of a deal. I sort of had buyers remorse due to the 8th Gen Intel processors, 1050ti, and HDMI 2.0 upgrades in the 9570. But at this point I don't  regret my insane deal at all.. Dell and Nvidia need to work together to develop BIOS and driver updates that will make the 1050 be the primary video and 3D display driver. It would take so much work off the CPUs. 4K 60Hz would be a piece of cake over HDMI 2.0. I was hopping you 9570 owners would confirm that it could send 4k HDR to a TV or monitor. Unfortunately I'm disappointed.

0 Kudos
s-plus
2 Iron

I have a LG 27 inch 4K monitor and am using it with HDMI on my 9570 at 60Hz. It worked out of the box. I only needed to connect the HDMI cable to a second HDMI connector in the monitor because, for some reason, the first one was limited to 30Hz.
I didn't need to change any settings, it just worked.
I wouldn't know if HDR would work on a HDR monitor.

How about you try installing different Intel graphics drivers, try few versions of them, some from Dell and some directly from Intel?

And check the monitor settings, make sure it's set to 60Hz, or that some advanced monitor features don't conflict with 4K 60Hz.
And of course, make sure the cable is working OK and it's HDMI 2.0. However obvious, the cable is the most common problem.

twvnet
1 Copper

Thanks for this!  I have an LG 24UD58 4K UHD display.  Dell XPS 15 9570.  Couldn't get more than 30Hz on display until I moved the HDMI 2.0 cable from PORT 2 to PORT 1 on the DISPLAY.  Guess I should have read the display user manual to learn that you have to use PORT 1 or the DisplayPort to get 4K at 60Hz.  Your post led me to the solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Smitch007
1 Copper

I have the LG 32UK50T-W the only port that worked was HDMI-1 both HDMI-2 and the display port (via dp - HDMI cable) did not work.

0 Kudos