XPS

Last reply by 06-03-2020 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

XPS 9570 goes to sleep even though sleep is turned off (for plugged in)

Hi. I process data for a living, and sometimes these operations can take hours. Several times I have come back to the machine to find that it is somehow asleep, despite sleep on plugged in being turned off both in the new and old Windows control panels. This is a fresh XPS 9570 i7 OLED with all updates Dell has given me installed, GeForce drivers and all Windows updates.

Does anyone know how to fix this, or if there are additional settings needed to prevent sleep on these laptops?

(I seem to remember having had this issue with a previous XPS model, and think it might have gone away with a fresh install and not installing all the Dell things)

Note: please no general answers on how set a Windows computer not to sleep - I have set sleep to "never" and so so frequently and successfully on multiple machines.

Labels (5)
Reply (1)

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
Find your Service Tag

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session. Currently only available in the USA.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions