Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

10 Posts

January 15th, 2020 22:00

XPS 9570 power drain / heat in sleep mode (win 10)

Hi there from South Africa,

I just found this article which addresses my problem:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/XPS-15-9570-get-hot-or-drain-its-battery-when-asleep-Dell-says-that-you-are-using-it-wrong.423583.0.html

My notebook is new and I'm not keen on having to reinstall the OS. Has Dell come up with a work around for this problem? My battery drains to ZERO in 4 hours while in sleep mode with WiFi disconnected!

Thanks

Joerg

• 

25K Posts

January 16th, 2020 16:00

We tried reaching you on a private message but did not receive a response. Please feel free to write back whenever you are available.

January 17th, 2020 01:00

This problem I have too. Support want pick up laptop for diagnostic. It is after update some version of bios. One - no good - solution is set Hybernation after 1 hour sleep in power setting.

I don't like DELL. Now I have problem with power delivery via usb-c. Before update bios in 12/2019 was it ok.

10 Posts

January 18th, 2020 21:00

I have updated the BIOS to 1.14.0 and changed a few settings. Battery drain in sleep mode seems to be better. Overnight less than 30%. Still a lot but better than before.

Dell Support is useless! All they are concerned with is warranty. They probably didn't read (or understand?) the article I was posting. I agree, this is probably the last Dell I bought in my life!!

Regards

Joerg

July 28th, 2020 14:00

Have the same issue. Will heat up to the that point that it shuts down while in sleep mode.

No Events found!