samos1111
3 Zinc

Re: XPS 9575 fan runs in sleep mode

If using Linux better look for support in the Linux community and perhaps at Dell reddit. 

So this must be S3 sleep and its issues... 

I'm not familiar with Linux... In Windows (9550) I set "lid close" to "no action" and I always put it to sleep via the Start/Power menu, so that I can see if it has actually gone to sleep. I guess you can do this too? Yes less convenient but I've had this bug where the laptop was waking up by itself a couple of seconds after going to sleep. It is reliable now but I'm still paranoid. The bug was initially triggered by the malfunctioning "Hibernate After" feature - the laptop woke up after a preset time of sleep to switchover to hibernate, but the switchover failed and instead the laptop woke to an abnormal state in which it was mostly functional but some things like sleep didn't work anymore.  

0 Kudos
hperrin
1 Copper

@samos1111  Why go to the Linux community? This is a Dell hardware problem, and Dell even officially supports Linux.

0 Kudos
hperrin
1 Copper

@Dell-SreejithR  Would you be able to file a bug report for this? It's pretty annoying to have to wait before picking up my laptop when I'm in a hurry.

0 Kudos
Teituur
1 Copper

Hi buddy,

I have exactly the same problem, any chance you found a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
hperrin
1 Copper

Not really. Just hold it up to your ear after you close it to see if it stays on. Dell doesn't seem interested in supporting their hardware.

0 Kudos