Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

April 15th, 2019 07:00

XPS15 9570 can't open Intel/Nvidia graphic card control panel

After reinstalling the system (Win10 pro), just found neither the integreated HD630/ discrete 1050Ti cound access the their control panel. Nvidia driver is the latest 9/4/2019; Intel is the latest one available from Dell driver&download which seems can be updated as Intel Driver&Support assistance shows a later version but says can't be installed, please contact manufacture. (Even if intall Nvidia control panel from Microsoft store, it can't be opened, and says file system error 12002) Is anyone experiencing the similar issue?

489 Posts

April 15th, 2019 09:00

Regarding Intel video, I recall reports that recently 9570 BIOS is broken in this regard. Try reverting to 1.6; or maybe a sequence of different driver versions might work... Try looking up relevant threads here, at Dell reddit, and Notebookreview XPS forum.

27 Posts

April 15th, 2019 12:00

For Graphic Panels (Intel and Nvidia) follow  these steps:

- Turn off WiFi connection

- Use DDU to uninstall Intel Graphic Drivers ( Clean and restart)

- reboot

- Install Intel Graphic driver from Dell website ( Without internet connection)

- if needed reboot 

- turn on Wifi

- if Intel Control Panel is not installed automatically from Windows Store you can install it ( search on the Windows Store and install)

- Now you have a working Control Panel

For Nvidia you can follow the same steps, and I suggest to download the last drivers from NVidia website ( Geforce 10 series Notebooks DCH version 1050 Ti )

The Nvidia Control Panel will be automatically installed. 

Enjoy!

66 Posts

May 9th, 2019 07:00

Thanks idark77
I was going crazy, I tried different versions of the Intel drivers but I couldn't get the panel to work. Thanks to your guide I have unlocked the situation! I wanted to add that for the Nvidia drivers you can also download the "Geforce Experience" software (from Nvidia), which downloads the most suitable driver version for the various laptops and keeps you informed via the driver update system icon. It is also possible to choose two branches for the frequency of updates, one more frequent for players and one less frequent suitable for creators / graphic designers.

No Events found!