Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 18th, 2018 16:00

XPS15 (L502X) crackling noise from speakers!

My Dell XPS (L502X) laptop with JBL speakers has this crackling noise coming off the right side. The same does NOT happen on the ear phones.

I want to know if any have similar issues and how to resolve this audio distortion. The noise is unbearable at times, kinda jarring with vibrations. I have tried cutting off the sub-woofer on the settings BUT still the same issue. I am on the latest audio drivers. 

So what might be wrong here? Any suggestions!

Jay

1 Message

April 27th, 2018 15:00

I had the same problem, It was the JBL subwoofer, it has to be replaced.

I had to open the back cover unplug the subwoofer and put some electric tape around the subwoofer cable just in case.

When I tried to play music again the problem was gone.

1 Message

December 1st, 2019 15:00

I had issues for many months after a Windows 10 update with the crackling sound when audio was playing both voice or music and I searched for a solution, applied many fixes without any luck. Turns out yesterday I found this post: https://www.dell.com/community/Laptops-General-Read-Only/XPS-L502X-Windows-10-Realtek-drivers-solution/td-p/4779818 and applied Jim Coates fix and as simple as that reverted to the original audio driver that worked on windows 7 on my machine. No more crackling. Hope this helps you or anyone going through this....This is a great product, don't give up on it!!

9.4K Posts

April 19th, 2018 05:00

Hi Kudla,

Thanks for posting and apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Please perform a systems diagnostics by either pressing F12 at startup or by running Dell Support Assist.
Once completed, either post back any error messages you encounter or please send me a Private Message and provide your system service tag number as well as your name, address, phone number and email address for further support assistance if it is needed.

3 Posts

April 19th, 2018 07:00

I did run the dell support assist and it came out with a 'pass'.

How do we send a private message on this board? I can share my service tag#

3 Posts

July 11th, 2018 15:00

Subwoofer had conked off. Once it got replaced, all is good! 👍

3 Posts

July 11th, 2018 15:00

Same issue here with the new xps 15 8th gen

1 Message

July 1st, 2019 07:00

hii, the subwoofer copy available in the market is good enough?

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 12:00

Where can one buy the sub woofer?

No Events found!