Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:31

February 27th, 2018 09:00

Hi snirisl,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.

Here is some information from the Dell knowledge base you may find helpful.

Troubleshoot Slow Performance Issues on a Dell PC

3 Posts

February 27th, 2018 10:00

sorry, nothing there helped fix the issue. it must relate to the graphics driver because in FHD it works perfectly.

3 Posts

February 28th, 2018 03:00

someone?

62 Posts

June 6th, 2018 03:00

Sounds like you have the same issue I've had for 2 years. I'm trying to gather all the information here.

1 Message

July 20th, 2018 13:00

just posting this here too: updating the intel and nvidia drivers to the latest versions (from the vendors themself, not from dell or lenovo), as described in that intel threat on second page, totally did the trick for me on my Thinkpad P51s 4k system ... it's like a whole new laptop to me now (the one i purchased a year ago, but never was very happy with due to this issue ...)

123 Posts

November 24th, 2018 18:00

This issue persists on most all XPS laptops by Dell, and it has to be some deep build in bug with their bios, I cant otherwise explain really whats going on here. Maybe they throttle the internal Intel GPU too hard and it doesn't respond (boosts up) fast enough, and therefore results on laggy <60fps in Windows animations.

I have the same issue on my XPS 15 9570 with 4k display, latest Windows 10, latest Intel and Nvidia drivers.

Mostly all issues of this thread are present https://communities.intel.com/thread/125615 but roughly all Windows 10 animations. There is always some kind of "lag" everywhere... Windows Explorer, alt tab...

Dell never solved the issue on any of their XPS.

Intel closed the issue on their side and said:

Thank you for your patience. 

Intel worked on this issue by matching tests done on Dell hardware. While initially we were able to observe most of the issues reported, as the OS builds were progressively upgraded (RS3, RS4 and newer inside rings builds) the performance kept improving considerably, to the point that we are no longer able to see the issues. This leads us to the conclusion that the 4K performance issues observed are OS related and should be improved as the technology advances. We're approaching Microsoft to work together for future optimizations but for now most of the work needs to be done from the OS first. From Intel's side we're closing this bug as currently there is no issue detected in the driver. 

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

No Events found!