Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

July 5th, 2020 14:00

Xps 13 7390 web cam blurry

Hello,

I love my new xps 13 7390 laptop. But I have been using a lot of web conference and the web cam is

The image is horrible blurry is there a fix? Or I have to return the laptop?

Please someone has solved this? Anyone of dell can answer?

Thanks.

• 

25K Posts

July 5th, 2020 14:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

July 6th, 2020 11:00

Sorry but dell support did nothing.

Had me run many tests and nothing worked, now they tell me that the camera is OK just like that.

How is possible that a promoted HD web cam, takes blurry images?  WIN_20200706_12_40_32_Pro.jpg

the laptom was not cheap.

I need a permanent solution,

im using a lot the webcam these pandemic times.

7 Posts

July 8th, 2020 10:00

@RobertoAste 

My wife used to complain about the blurry webcam video from her XPS 7390 2-in-1. After some tests, I realized it is the lighting condition causes the blurry video.

When the light comes from above and bright enough, the webcam video becomes blurry almost like out-of-focus or dirty lens. Once we moved the light to some distance from the back of the laptop screen, the video becomes very clear. The best lighting condition we found is the natural light through the window when sit facing the window.

Your situation might be different to ours, but that is what we found out.

1 Message

January 21st, 2021 11:00

Somewhere on these boards it was suggested to pinch the bezel around the camera lens - I did that and that fixed it and it is staying fixed!

January 29th, 2021 06:00

Can you provide some more info on "pinch the bezel"? Brand new laptop and the camera is terrible.

3 Posts

March 2nd, 2021 02:00

I have the same problem

2 Posts

March 20th, 2021 21:00

I have the same problem too. Blurry camera on a brand new Dell XPS 13.

Plus my start button has been sticky to use since I took the laptop out the box. 

For all the rave reviews this laptop got, not a great start so far...

• 

25K Posts

August 14th, 2021 10:00

Hi,

I'm Prajwal, one of the Supervisors at Dell Social Media Support. Siba brought this case to my attention. I've reviewed your journey with us, and I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

First of all, thank you for your feedback. From my review, I see that you have reported issues with the webcam quality.

I checked the images and the case history.

As the system is equipped with a HD camera which would be 0.9 MP.

As per the webcam specifications, we can tell that the webcam is working as per the specifications.

A hardware change will make no difference in this case.

I hope we were able to answer all your concerns and queries.

Please consider our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Prajwal

Supervisor

Dell Social Media Team

5 Posts

August 14th, 2021 10:00

I had the exact same problem.  I spent days running through their suggestions, and they came back and said it's completely normal.  On Zoom calls is just embarrassing; Everyone has a sharp picture and I look like I'm in a closet with gauze over me---it's blurry and very, very dark.  I'm so sorry I got a Dell and will NOT make that mistake again. My 5 year old, $200 tablet does much better than this new, nearly $2000 thing

1 Message

January 2nd, 2022 07:00

Same problem here -- in fact, the ONLY way I can do better is to use an attached optional camera - Terrible camera installed -  

1 Message

January 10th, 2022 13:00

Same problem here for xps 9500. It is disappointing.

25 Posts

February 28th, 2022 16:00

agree completely.  Laptop is good.  The camera really stinks!  I wish i had known before I purchased it.

2 Posts

April 29th, 2022 18:00

Imagine not being able to use your laptop for video calls... UNREAL!

2 Posts

April 29th, 2022 18:00

I used the webcam for about 3 months then it went blurry, now it is unusable. I saved up a lot of money for my XPS. Now while doing school projects I have to shoot video on my phone and overlay it with screen recording. It would be much easier to use my web camera. It is honestly pathetic that my $150 Motorola G phone has a better camera than my 2k laptop. It's a real drag.  Our cameras will never be fixed. We will never be compensated. I will never buy one again.

Sincerely a broke college kid.

No Events found!