IamARobot1124
1 Copper

Xps13 missing wifi tab

I bought xps 13 about a year ago and it had been working fine. Since yesterday, however, the wifi tab went missing. I tried resetting network, reset my computer, tried some suggestions online (involving device manager-network adapter, task manager, etc) but they didnt work...help...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IamARobot1124
1 Copper

Re: Xps13 missing wifi tab

I got a private message from DCFAdmin saying:

"Reinstall the wireless adapter back in your computer. Click the link below to download the driver for your computer."

I downloaded and then proceeded to install Killer Wireless 1435s 1535 WiFi driver.

but I got a message "Killer drivers are managed by Windows update. This install cannot proceed." 

I tried to install it as administrator but I got the same message. 

I tried to send a reply to DCFAdmin but I couldn't because "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later." I only replied once, so I don't know why this is an issue.

In any case, which driver should I download and install?

0 Kudos

Re: Xps13 missing wifi tab

Uninstall the driver, reboot the computer and download the Killer 1650W/1650X/1435/1435s/1535 WiFi Controller Driver from the link I provided in the earlier post.
Dell-Jesse L

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos