Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2019 11:00

bluetooth loses pairing (WK717 & WM527)

I have an XPS 15 9560 using a wireless mouse/keyboard combo (WK717/WM527) (Windows 10). Early on I lost the magic dongle, so I use the Bluetooth pairing option. It worked just fine until the last few months. On occasion when I boot up from sleep or complete reboot, the mouse and keyboard do no interact with the laptop and I have to re-pair them. They work just fine after I re-pair, but if you are in a hurry, it can be a pain in the asterisks.

I've tried multiple driver updates/exchanges, I've changed my sleep settings (seems most obvious if the laptop times out to sleep, but still also happens when I manually sleep it, so not sure it is related), removed all other nearby Bluetooth devices, changed Windows settings, no luck.

One thing that is curious is when I have to re-pair them, they already show up in the list as being connected multiple times. The most I've seen is three entries for each, so I thought maybe there was a max number of connections and when it reached that, it would stop pairing, but today, there was only 2 entries per device and neither was working, so apparently not. Doesn't seem to matter if I delete those connections, the devices will re-pair whether those entries are there or not, but they are obviously false positives. What am I missing?

Capture.PNG

• 

16.7K Posts

February 6th, 2019 11:00

mgpb,

Try the steps below to resolve the issue with bluetooth devices not waking from sleep.

Windows

1. In the Device Manager, change the Bluetooth wireless adapter power settings: 
    • Go to Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager 
  2. In Device Manager, expand Bluetooth Radios, right-click on the Bluetooth wireless adapter (ex. Dell Wireless 370 adapter), and then click Properties.
  3. In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
  4. Click OK.
  5. Restart your computer to apply the change.

For my notes, click my username and send me the pc service tag number via private message.

2 Posts

February 10th, 2019 11:00

That did not solve the problem. Every time I open Bluetooth in the Device Manager, it has more and more entries. I have to think that is not normal. See attached.Capture.PNG

1 Message

May 17th, 2019 02:00

I have the same issue

1 Message

July 6th, 2019 18:00

Same issue with a microsoft bluetooth mouse. Mouse works great after a reboot but it drops the paring if left alone. There is not power management tab in any of the bluetooth devices.

No Events found!