Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BJ

1 Message

October 19th, 2020 23:00

cWindows 10 webcam drivers for XPS 15 5900

I've been able to get a really good deal on a Dell XPS 15 5900. I like the laptop a lot, but do not use Windows privately. So I've installed Linux on the machine and that works fine, except for the fingerprint button (no big deal) and the somewhat webcam quality (which I'm not sure has anything to do with Linux).

I also installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine (VMware) because, although it is my private laptop, it would be nice to do some work on it occasionally and for that I need Oultook and Teams.
Unfortunately I cannot get the webcam to work in the VM. There are two 'Integrated webcam's under 'Cameras' in the device manager, but in Teams I can only choose one of those and there is no image.

I am looking for the Windows 10 webcam driver for this laptop, to see if that helps, but on the support/download page I cannot identify the webcam driver. 

It's not a huge problem, but it would be nice to get it to work. Any help in finding the driver  is very much appreciated.

14 Posts

April 3rd, 2022 06:00

I have same problem with XPS 9500, VMWare Windows guest machines are unable to use webcam  https://communities.vmware.com/t5/VMware-Workstation-Pro/Dell-XPS-15-9500-Host-and-Guest-Windows-11-Unable-to-connect/td-p/2892638

No Events found!