benabimz
1 Copper

dell xps 13 (9370) plugged in, not charging

I've had my laptop for about 3 months now, and this problem started a few days ago out of nowhere. Without the adapter being plugged in, the laptop switches off. At the front of the laptop, the battery indicator flashes orange. I've tried uninstalling some drivers, trying a different charger and many more, but they don;t seem to work.Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ejn63
5 Rhenium

Re: dell xps 13 (9370) plugged in, not charging

Call Dell for warranty repair.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kethi
1 Copper

Hi,

i am in same situation, did you find any solution for this.

0 Kudos
Shinkmyster
1 Copper

Im having the same issue, my 9370 is around 1 month old, a few days ago it gave me an error message saying the power supply was too small and another error message ...something about the BIOS. I tried another power supply and same issue. Im using the power supply that came with the laptop. I checked the BIOS and it says no AC power supply. Yesterday I tried turning everything off, then plugged in the power supply and it started to charge....white light blinked on and off a couple of times but then stayed on (thankfully). Today it has stopped charging again. I called the Dell service centre and they said I had to book it in, Im currently working in Thailand and the Laptop was purchased in Australia. Took it to the Dell repair Centre in Bangkok and they said I had to send it to Australia. This is the second big problem I have had with this Laptop, previously I had a 9350 and it was perfect, I am regretting buying this Laptop already, also Dell service is very very poor.

I see lots of people have had issues with the charging over the last 2 weeks, way more than normal, just wondering if Dell has pushed out a BIOS update changing the power control. I guess there is no way of knowing and calling customer support is a waste of time. 

0 Kudos
mcprosse
1 Copper

Same thing here. Bought my XPS 13 9370 less than 2 months ago. I had no issues at all until today when the orange light on the front of the laptop started blinking and the battery status says "0%, plugged in, not charging".

I ran the SupportAssist scans and it said the battery needs to be replaced. Called Dell support, and they said the same thing. It's covered under warranty which is good, but it also means the only option is sending it out for 10-12 business days to be replaced - a problem when my laptop is my personal AND work laptop, and sending it out means I can't do my job for 2 to 2.5 weeks.... Glossing over the fact that it's a $1400 laptop that's less than 2 months old and already has to be sent back to the manufacturer.

0 Kudos