XPS

2 Bronze

dell xps15 9560 cpu stuck at 0,78GHZ. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!

HI, recently i format my computer , and now i noticed that the cpu stucks at 0,78ghz. And this correspond betewen 2% at 10% of the processor full power. The other thing that seems oddly is the fact of the thermal throtlling its always on , even when the temperatures are lower than 40C.

intelExtreme.PNG

ps: i dont know if the pc has the same problem before formatting. but i formated due to poor performance So maybe had the same problem before

Labels (2)
Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions

@dloureiro  glad to hear that your power source is ok, but sad to hear that it means the underlying cause still isn't clear.  There's a thread here about Latitude E7440s getting stuck at 0.8 GHz where owners of other system models have mentioned having the same experience.  There are a few different fixes, although some of them would be trickier or even inapplicable on the XPS 15.  For example, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is a bit more difficult, and removing the screw in a particular area of the keyboard is likely specific to the E7440.  Using Throttlestop might work, but I've never used it personally so I can't comment on reliability or any risks that might arise from going that route.

View solution in original post

Community Accepted Solution
Replies (4)
7 Thorium

@dloureiro  go into your BIOS Setup and go to the Battery Information section.  Below the battery icon, the system will indicate the detected wattage of the attached power source.  The XPS 15 is designed for a 130W power source, so make sure it shows at least 130W.  If it shows "Unknown", there might be a problem with your power adapter, and when the system can't identify the wattage of a power source, it operates using as little power as it can, which includes throttling performance significantly.  If it shows a wattage number that's less than 130W, make sure you're using a 130W power source.

hi @jphughan  thanks for your reply. 

I just went now to bios setup and everything is ok

@dloureiro  glad to hear that your power source is ok, but sad to hear that it means the underlying cause still isn't clear.  There's a thread here about Latitude E7440s getting stuck at 0.8 GHz where owners of other system models have mentioned having the same experience.  There are a few different fixes, although some of them would be trickier or even inapplicable on the XPS 15.  For example, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery is a bit more difficult, and removing the screw in a particular area of the keyboard is likely specific to the E7440.  Using Throttlestop might work, but I've never used it personally so I can't comment on reliability or any risks that might arise from going that route.

Community Accepted Solution

thankyouuu so mucth !!!!!!! every thing comeback to normal with  the throttlestop. Maybe isnt the best solucion but for now its ok.When i get the tools i will try disconect the batery , hope that works. thankyou for your time ,and for solving the problem 

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions