kyltru
1 Copper

inconsistent connection to external monitor using TB3

I couldn't find any posts on this so i thought i would post it here. 

I'm having trouble connecting my 9370 to an external monitor using TB3 consistently. The first time I plug it in after a while it will connect succesfully to my LG 34UM69G-B. If I unplug it again afterwards and try it again, I'll get a "Display Connection Might Be Limited" message and i cant connect to the monitor again. 

I have no idea why this is happening and any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Edit: This was happening and I got my motherboard replaced and it's still happening

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: inconsistent connection to external monitor using TB3

Hi kyltru,

Thanks for posting.  Apologies that your system is not performing as expected.  

Your post does not indicate if you have run a systems diagnostics yet.  Please disconnect all external devices from your computer and run Dell Support Assist.  Make a note of any error messages encountered and post back.  If there are none, then the system is performing as designed.  

Since the XPS 9370 was not tested with the LG monitor, then you may wish to contact the monitor manufacturer for assistance.  It is possible it may be a cabling issue.

If the system is under warranty, please send me your personal information privately. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone, email, and your computer's service tag number in your message. Thanks.

Dell-Robert P
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos