Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

6 Posts

April 23rd, 2019 18:00

is Laptop Precision 5530 not strong enough to edit 4k Video?

Hi everyone. im not sure if Im right. I recorded video 4k from Osmo pocket DJI. Then I play this video in Adobe Premiere, and it lag alot in preview windows. But then I use Adobe Media Encoding to create proxy that video then it play smoothtly. So the system of 5530 is not strong enougn to edit directly 4k Video. Is it right? My system is Dell precision 5530, 32 gg ddram, 1TB SSD, Xeon 2167m, Quadro P1000

July 9th, 2019 08:00

I do not know if this is helpful - but we are experiencing similar issues.  We use a lot of CAD software and certain suites do NOT like using the Nvidia GPU that we have (p2000 in our case).

Your hardware is fine to operate and handle 4k, but my guess is software/driver issue.

The updated windows driver along with the nvidia downloaded one for the quadros seem to both be total garbage.  We forced the graphics settings to prefer nvidia card via settings>display>graphics (used a reg entry to do so for a bunch of apps), but still no luck.  We actually have better performance if we disable the nvidia card, or use a year old driver on it.

Would be nice if Dell/Nvidia/Microsoft would get on the same page with drivers - this is becoming a total joke for $2500+ machines built for business.

No Events found!