Highlighted
1 Copper

no action required

Hi,

I have a XPS 9550 and recently my touchpad has come up and battery is not working well.

I noticed the bulleting issue and when I enter my service tag, it says "no action required". What can I do?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: no action required

That bulletin is for special updates not for hardware problems. Your model must not need the update. See the end about contacting Support for specific problems. Run the Dell Diagnostics and report the results to Support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Indium

Get the battery out of the system immediately and contact Dell - on at least some of these, Dell is replacing the battery even out of warranty.  Leaving a bulging battery in the system is a safety risk and will cause further system damage.  It may be yours doesn't have one of the batteries covered by the campaign (the ones from Simplo are;  the ones from LG were not), but one way or another, the battery needs to be replaced immediately.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

thanks for the reaction.

I will try to do it asap. The thing is that I am staying for a a while in another country than where I purchased it. Is that a problem? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Indium

The system will run just fine without a battery in the meantime (as long as you're near AC power, of course).

0 Kudos