Ferrealls
1 Copper

Re: XPS 13 9370 Keyboard Skips Button Presses

Jump to solution

@DELL-Justin C Same issues exists on E6430 ATG from on-board keyboard. Does not existing with USB keyboard. All drivers are up to date. Running Win 7 Pro 64-bit. 

0 Kudos
BlackSpark
1 Copper

Jump to solution

FYI @9360 users! BIOS 2.10.0 is out - https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverId=T7XJF&osCode=WT64A&produc...

As far as I can tell, it's fixed the problem!

Thanks for your hard work, Justin & all the engineers who worked on the update!

0 Kudos
HallJP
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Problem persists with XPS 9370 with BIOS version 1.6.3
0 Kudos
RobJTudor
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Same for me. Latest BIOS patch and no difference..
0 Kudos
imgook
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Seems like they are just giving me the run round after 2 failed attempts to fix the issue. Guess i'm now stuck waiting for another bios update and a useless laptop.

0 Kudos
mdkooter
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Same exact problem with the Dell XPS 9530 - I thought I went crazy and had some weird hardware defect until I read this thread. 100% matching of symptoms.. Dell, when will you start fixing this ?!
0 Kudos
Imarat
1 Copper

Jump to solution
Hello everyone, I have Dell 7573 core i5. The problem is the Keyboard. Watch the video https://youtu.be/pZ_Um1rPEy4
0 Kudos
WillDellXPS13
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Exact same issue with my Dell XPS 13 (9370) skipping and duplicating keys. Only one in five keys presses register on average, and it random and make the laptop unusable. Problem is present on  BIOS 1.5.1 and 1.6.3 but keyboard works perfectly on 1.2.0 (Haven't tried others) so I'm stuck on that until a fix is found.

0 Kudos
imgook
1 Copper

Jump to solution
So after a few tech visits to replace various parts of the laptop. Dell agreed to replace my laptop yesterday. New one turned up today. Everything seems to be working perfectly, though the dell assistant is asking me to update to the current 1.6.3 bios from 1.51. Not sure if I should risk it after the drama caused me from updating bios in the first place.
0 Kudos
Mark_N
1 Copper

Jump to solution

The problem  I had on my xps 13 9350 was that hitting a key twice quickly would output only 1 character.

I did not have the problem with an external keyboard. 

After reading about usb-c possibly being related here I just plugged in my backup usb-c charger and wiggled it around a bit. BAM problem is gone! double press = double output Smiley Happy

0 Kudos