XPS

2 Bronze

slow boot XPS 13 9370 Windows

Hi,

I got my new Dell XPS 13 9370 just a few days ago. After rebooting it a few times I was wondering if it is normal that the startup takes up to 30 seconds equipped with a M2 SSD? I just want to add that I have already uninstalled the annoying McAfee and disabled and enabled fastboot a few times but the Bios time still remains between 10-20 seconds and the whole startup process is not faster than 20-30 seconds.

...I know I am "complaining on a high comfort level" but I am just expecting a fast startup considering the hardware...

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience

Labels (3)
Replies (4)
2 Bronze

I'm having the same experience. Boot time is around 8 seconds on my 9370 with i5 and 256GB storage. Whole start-up when starting from sleep is around 10-15 seconds. Not really fantastic, considering my desktop from 2014 boots faster than that.

Same here. I spoke to Dell support and they told me all of their models take up to 30 seconds to start.

I have an 5 year old Asus and HP X2 that both load the bios and Windows 10 in about 3-5 seconds. 

They have offered to give me a refund if I send it back. 

I might change a few bios settings to see if I can improve boot time but it looks like I have no option but to send it back and buy a different make such as ASUS or HP.

Releasing a premium laptop that takes more than 10 seconds to load in 2018 is unacceptable and should not be encouraged. This Dell  9370 takes at least 30 seconds if not longer

Yup, same here... XPS 13 9370 w/16 GB RAM, i7 and 512SSD, my Acer S7 from 6 years ago much faster with 4 GBs.

@CV37 wrote:

Same here. I spoke to Dell support and they told me all of their models take up to 30 seconds to start.

I have an 5 year old Asus and HP X2 that both load the bios and Windows 10 in about 3-5 seconds. 

They have offered to give me a refund if I send it back. 

I might change a few bios settings to see if I can improve boot time but it looks like I have no option but to send it back and buy a different make such as ASUS or HP.

Releasing a premium laptop that takes more than 10 seconds to load in 2018 is unacceptable and should not be encouraged. This Dell  9370 takes at least 30 seconds if not longer

Same problem here with the XPS 13 9365 2-in-1. Moreover Italian Dell support by phone is rude and highly unprofessional. Support by email is simply vacant. After a couple of weeks I'm still waiting for an answer. They even accused me that I should TRY BEFORE BUY a Dell laptop to find out if it boots slowly or not. In the future, I won't buy any Dell products. Congratulations Dell, you lost a client since 2005. By the way... MS Surface pro 4 boots in 7 seconds 2015 Hp Zbook boots in 15 seconds
Top Contributor
Latest Solutions