Highlighted
3lux
1 Copper

slow boot XPS 13 9370 Windows

Hi,

I got my new Dell XPS 13 9370 just a few days ago. After rebooting it a few times I was wondering if it is normal that the startup takes up to 30 seconds equipped with a M2 SSD? I just want to add that I have already uninstalled the annoying McAfee and disabled and enabled fastboot a few times but the Bios time still remains between 10-20 seconds and the whole startup process is not faster than 20-30 seconds.

...I know I am "complaining on a high comfort level" but I am just expecting a fast startup considering the hardware...

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience

Labels (3)
4 Replies
carbonbox
1 Copper

Re: slow boot XPS 13 9370 Windows

I'm having the same experience. Boot time is around 8 seconds on my 9370 with i5 and 256GB storage. Whole start-up when starting from sleep is around 10-15 seconds. Not really fantastic, considering my desktop from 2014 boots faster than that.

0 Kudos
CV37
1 Copper

Same here. I spoke to Dell support and they told me all of their models take up to 30 seconds to start.

I have an 5 year old Asus and HP X2 that both load the bios and Windows 10 in about 3-5 seconds. 

They have offered to give me a refund if I send it back. 

I might change a few bios settings to see if I can improve boot time but it looks like I have no option but to send it back and buy a different make such as ASUS or HP.

Releasing a premium laptop that takes more than 10 seconds to load in 2018 is unacceptable and should not be encouraged. This Dell  9370 takes at least 30 seconds if not longer

0 Kudos
mi56598
1 Copper

Yup, same here... XPS 13 9370 w/16 GB RAM, i7 and 512SSD, my Acer S7 from 6 years ago much faster with 4 GBs.

@CV37 wrote:

Same here. I spoke to Dell support and they told me all of their models take up to 30 seconds to start.

I have an 5 year old Asus and HP X2 that both load the bios and Windows 10 in about 3-5 seconds. 

They have offered to give me a refund if I send it back. 

I might change a few bios settings to see if I can improve boot time but it looks like I have no option but to send it back and buy a different make such as ASUS or HP.

Releasing a premium laptop that takes more than 10 seconds to load in 2018 is unacceptable and should not be encouraged. This Dell  9370 takes at least 30 seconds if not longer

0 Kudos
CastEng
1 Copper

Same problem here with the XPS 13 9365 2-in-1. Moreover Italian Dell support by phone is rude and highly unprofessional. Support by email is simply vacant. After a couple of weeks I'm still waiting for an answer. They even accused me that I should TRY BEFORE BUY a Dell laptop to find out if it boots slowly or not. In the future, I won't buy any Dell products. Congratulations Dell, you lost a client since 2005. By the way... MS Surface pro 4 boots in 7 seconds 2015 Hp Zbook boots in 15 seconds
0 Kudos