EltonS
1 Copper

warranty upgrade pricing

I've bought an XPS 15 9570 on September 18. The computer came defective, and won't connect tot he internet properly. I've been trying to correct the problem since that time. ( already try multiple contacts, reinstalled 2 times the system...)

However, at the end of the year, I traveled abroad, making the repair more difficult. I tried to upgrade my warranty to the premium since the Basic does not support international assistance, and dell offered me $180 for the premium warranty. If I buy an add-on premium warranty to a new computer Dell only charges $85.

Could anyone say why dell overcharge the upgrade of warranty? Over $100 for the same warranty coverage. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: warranty upgrade pricing

Thank you for your message. Any warranty purchased with the system (point of sale) would have a lower price when compared purchasing the same warranty after a couple of days or months (after point of sale) & this is the norm

Just like when you purchase a 1-year warranty it may cost you $80 but the warranty for  2-years will cost you $120 (prices quoted only as an example). 

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
EltonS
1 Copper

Re: warranty upgrade pricing

Sorry to say that, but 100% over price is the norm? Does it seem reasonable to you?

And I'm not requesting an extent of the warranty. Just the upgrade, to work abroad USA.

Since dell sold me a defective computer, and I can't repair where I'm, you must realize my frustration with the company.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos