Tommy_dell02
1 Copper

warranty without the invoice?

Hello, im trying to buy a second hand xps 15 9360 with a i7 7700hq, 32 gb ram, 1 tb ssd, and a 4k panel. The problem is that the seller lost the invoice. The laptop is rigisted in the dell pro support with warranty until 2020. So my question is, if something happenes to the laptop, can I use the warranty without having the invoice? Is it a risk to invest in this computer?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: warranty without the invoice?

If the seller is the registered owner and provides you the name, address and phone number - you can transfer the warranty. If the seller cannot provide that information, you cannot transfer ownership. In that case, yes- there's a big issue, as you will have a no-warranty orphan system.
0 Kudos
Tommy_dell02
1 Copper

Soo, just to be clear, if the warranty os transferd to me from the owner information, if if something happened to the laptop, and i need to use the warranty, i dont need the original store invoice, correct?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

@Tommy_dell02 wrote:

Soo, just to be clear, if the warranty os transferd to me from the owner information, if if something happened to the laptop, and i need to use the warranty, i dont need the original store invoice, correct?

Correct.  I've never had to produce an original store invoice for warranty service ever, and I've had warranty service on Dell systems I've purchased myself and also worked in the IT departments of companies that had several hundred Dell systems.  If the original purchaser transfers the warranty to you, then you should get an email when that process is complete.