rokkyroad
1 Copper

xps 13 7390 developer edition freezes.C-state is the problem.

I bought the ubuntu version because I wanted something I knew would support linux fully. Unfortunately, my experience thus far has been frustrating. 

On first boot I was unable to finish setting up ubuntu due to complete and utter freeze up. I had to do hard resets by holding power button down.

I tried various settings in bios to no avail until I found someone mentioning C-state in another forum. Once I disabled C-state I was able to install the new version of Xubuntu and it runs smoothly. I'm disappointed this very expensive linux laptop was not perfect out of box and now no C-state.

I should add that I'm running the latest bios 1.4.0. Everything works fine but I've not tested bluetooth.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DELL-Cares

Thanks for your post

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution via private messages to ensure the security of your information. In the meanwhile, you may receive assistance or suggestions from the community members as well.

Social Media Support

#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, click our Dell-Cares name and send us a private message with your Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number

0 Kudos