skywolf8118
1 Copper

Can you manage an XtremIO cluster running version 3.0 and an XtremIO cluster running version 4.0 with an XMS appliance running version 4.0?

Jump to solution

I couldn't find any restrictions for the multiple cluster support for XMS version 4.0.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Avi3
3 Zinc

Re: Can you manage an XtremIO cluster running version 3.0 and an XtremIO cluster running version 4.0 with an XMS appliance running version 4.0?

Jump to solution

No - that is not supported. Ability to manage multiple clusters with a single XMS came with version 4.0. A cluster running version 3.0.x (or earlier) cannot be managed in that fashion - they need to be managed by their own XMS.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Avi3
3 Zinc

Re: Can you manage an XtremIO cluster running version 3.0 and an XtremIO cluster running version 4.0 with an XMS appliance running version 4.0?

Jump to solution

No - that is not supported. Ability to manage multiple clusters with a single XMS came with version 4.0. A cluster running version 3.0.x (or earlier) cannot be managed in that fashion - they need to be managed by their own XMS.

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

The release notes for XtremIO 4.x state that the support for multiple cluster management is introduced with version 4.0. But I understand that you are asking for a clear documentation around which versions of the array can be supported with which versions of the array.

I have passed on that feedback to the documentation team.

0 Kudos