Avi3
3 Silver

Re: How much do you like your XtremeIO?

Very good points Anantha – thanks for sharing. I will make sure that the right folks see this feedback

This is not the correct forum to discuss our roadmap, but we do appreciate reaching out to us with your feedback.

0 Kudos
k_williamson
2 Bronze

A lot of good points have raised.

Any update about getting rid Java, being now Firefox is going to end support of Java Plugins?  I think IE 11 is the only thing that will be supported in another year that will have Java support.

Not having NVe isn't that big of deal yet,  but I guess they could release a new model that would have NVe instead SSDs at some point.

I'm a current single VMAX customer and we are using all 16 FC ports going to the SAN switches, and Recoverpoint appliances ports too. 

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Thanks for the feedback and sharing your requirements. We are working on the issues that you have raised, but I would recommend working with your EMC account team to get more details about the timelines. As I mentioned earlier, this is not the right forum to discuss roadmap items.

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

Anantha - more specifically on the last two points:

Re: "Can you ship right length cables for the customers so everything is neat and tight"

You should be getting the right length cables if the array was shipped after mid-2015. Is that not the case with you? Can you share more details about what length cables you were shipped with?

Re: "Each time customer/vendor touches a cable behind the back for troubleshooting, it takes couple of hours to make sure system health is normal due to the cabling mess at the back"

This should also be resolved with the new cable trays that we have been shipping since mid-2015. Can you share more details if that is not the case?

0 Kudos