8 Krypton

How to create a LUN mapping file from XtremIO to import into VPLEX?

I am looking for the correct command for the output of the XtremIO CLI as well as the correct syntax for the mapping file. From what I know this must be created manually.

I assume it is show-volume vol-id=

Do I just take the output for each LUN and put it into a txt file or is there an easier way?

show-volumes does not seem to include the LUN ID number

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
akalbfell
1 Copper

Re: How to create a LUN mapping file from XtremIO to import into VPLEX?

Not sure if you got this figured out or not but attached are the instructions from the procedure generator which worked for us. Far less intuitive than I hoped this would be, seems like a step back from the process on the VNX but it did work.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

can we keep the Name of the LUNs intact using this procedure of if there is any other procedure ? Please advise.

Thanks,

Sameer

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Hi,

Note that in GeoSynchrony 5.4.1 release (Feb 2015) support was added for auto-naming of XtremIO LUNs so the manual work of creating a mapping file is no longer required.

https://support.emc.com/docu57805_VPLEX-GeoSynchrony-Release-5.4-Service-Pack-1-Release-Notes.pdf?la...

"Claiming storage from XtremIO arrays no longer require a name mapping file when claiming storage in the GUI and the CLI (storage-arrays and logical-units contexts only)."

Hope that helps,

Gary

0 Kudos