Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

60 Posts

June 8th, 2020 09:00

One HBA on ESXi is unable to see Xtremio luns

Hi All,

I have allocated luns to ESXi cluster, out of which 2 hosts have problem viewing XIO luns from 1 of their HBA's. I have verified connectivity, host to storage limitations and HBA software version's. Not seeing any issue. This is X2 array. Using same Xtremio ports we have provisioned other hosts also, so it is not xio port issue and on the 2 ESX host which is having issue, has luns allocated from other storage arrays as well, so there is no problem on host port as well. 

Any further thoughts is much appreciated 

• 

6.9K Posts

June 9th, 2020 09:00

Hello AshJo,

Which hba’s are not working on your hosts?  Here is the link to Host configuration guide, I would double check to make sure that you have done all steps on page 83 of this guide. https://dell.to/3f7U0jC

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

60 Posts

July 1st, 2020 14:00

We have double checked everything. These were repurposed citrix host. Does that make any difference

• 

6.9K Posts

July 1st, 2020 15:00

Hello AshJo,

That can make a difference that they were previous Citrix hosts.  Seeing as the host were not configured previously you will have to do the add a host so that you can register the HBA’s.

60 Posts

July 31st, 2020 09:00

There was no issue from zoning side nor mapping side. Issue fixed when we rebooted storage controller and XIOS upgrade to 6.3.1-5 fix the issue

No Events found!