Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 1st, 2020 14:00

VNX to Xtremio Migration

I am planning SAN copy push from VNX8000 to Xtremio X1 array. I did initiators zoning. I could see VNX SP WWN's in XIO but XIO WWN's are not seen on VNX. I got 2015 document. Its not helpful for Xtremio. I have done sancopy before with vmax and unity. With Xtremio WWN registration in VNX i have trouble. I tried to manually register Xtremio WWN in VNX, it still shows not logged in. 

Please let me know what can be done

• 

8.5K Posts

July 6th, 2020 12:00

There shouldn't be, you could try doing it from CLI. https://dell.to/2ZDMTcG

• 

6.9K Posts

July 2nd, 2020 10:00

Hello AshJo,

Here is a link to a KB that will help.

https://dell.to/2NNAwoL

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

60 Posts

July 6th, 2020 10:00

Hi,

I am having trouble with XIO WWN login in VNX. 

VNX is visibe on Xtremio but Xtremio not visible in VNX only after login issue fix i can proceed with next step.

• 

8.5K Posts

July 6th, 2020 11:00

Are you getting an error at any point in the steps Sam provided?

60 Posts

July 6th, 2020 12:00

Hello,

Steps provided earlier speaks about adding target lun. While adding target lun, when i verify connection it fails. Xtremio WWN's are not logged into VNX, IS there a specific format to register Xtremio port WWN in VNX ?

VNX.PNG

60 Posts

July 6th, 2020 14:00

I was able to create session. This is totally different from the way unity and vmax in sancopy.

However, i am using controller which also has other hosts zoned. In xtremio, we usually create luns with name. So i have provided lun ID. I just don't want to write data into the lun which is already in use. The article given is of old Xtremio UI. IS there a document with new html5 UI ?

• 

8.5K Posts

July 6th, 2020 14:00

i have not been able to find a newer guide, you may want to contact phone support. 

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 8th, 2020 18:00

Do you have a Linux host presented to XIO or can you present one temporarily?

60 Posts

July 31st, 2020 09:00

Thank you everyone for pitching in your ideas. I successfully migrated 100's of hosts so far. For Xtremio we only need to zone and add device directly in to sancopy setup along with XIO port number and proper device ID. 

1 Message

August 3rd, 2020 07:00

Hello Yashjo,

can you please post step by step from zoning to migrating the data from VNX to Xtremio inclusing boot luns.

Your reply will be Highly appreciated.

Thanks,

SANreddy

1 Message

March 30th, 2021 03:00

Any finally procedure, screen shoots or documents?

No Events found!