Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2015 11:00

XtermIO - Rest API/JSON content Structure - Are there any Guides/Dictionaries?

Connecting to XtremIO clusters via Rest over https and receiving the JSON content back successfully. I will be creating histograms via RRDTool for IOPS, MBs, and Latency relative to block sizes as well as collecting and tracking rates and capacities of dedup, thin/oversubscription, physical space, physical used, logical used, allocated, etc. I am unsure of what some of the terms mean relative to the other data. An example of a Rest query on '/api/json/types/clusters/1' produces a content listing with some of the following:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 14:29:34 GMT
Server: TwistedWeb/8.2.0
Content-Type: application/json
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=16070400;includeSubdomains
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

{
    "content": {
        "wr-bw-64kb": "8998",
        "ud-ssd-space-in-use": "2579321840",
        "space-in-use": "2579321840",
        "ud-ssd-space":  "16052147968",
     }
}

Just wondering things like - What does 'ud' stand for in the description of some of the content terms? So I was wondering if there is a dictionary relative to the data available from the JSON output of an XtremIO array? Are there different dictionaries relative to Code level running in the cluster?

Did not know if any of this information is available to customers?

727 Posts

To answer your question directly, 'ud' stands for 'user data'.

You will find a description of these fields in the RestAPI user guide available at https://support.emc.com/docu56460_XtremIO-3.0.1-and-3.0.2-Storage-Array-RESTful-API-Guide.pdf?language=en_US.

You should be able to find similar RestAPI guide for other XtremIO versions at https://support.emc.com.

Hope this helps.

2 Posts

Thanks - my generic search on the emc support portal was not turning that document up. That guide was what I was looking for.

727 Posts

March 26th, 2015 13:00

Got it, thanks!

727 Posts

Good feedback.

Just trying to understand this ask - would you want every parameter in the response to be specified whether it is an integer, float, char, etc?

8 Posts

I would note that the REST API guide does not mention data type. While programming in non-strict languages like PERL, PHP or Python, it would be nice to have the json objects mapped to a data type like integer, float, etc. It's kind of a pain if you have to match up your data types and you don't have consistency

8 Posts

Yes. When dealing with type sensitive languages, I would need to know what the response would be in order to cast / manage it accordingly. The desired output would be something like

Field Name | Description | Data Type

logical-space-in-use|Logical allocation against designated volume| float : 2 points

xio-volume-name|name assigned to designated volume|string

No Events found!