Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 12th, 2016 07:00

XtremIO REST API search/filter volumes for Tag

Please excuse me if this is something I should already understand. I am very new to using REST API and I am able to get a volume list or the details for a volume. I have figured out how to filter for volumes that match a specific size, etc. The issue I am having is trying to search or filter for volumes that have a specific tag. Does anyone have an example of how this could work.

I am working to build a workflow in Cisco UCS Director and I need to find all the volumes for a specific ESX cluster so I can map them to a new host being added to the cluster. Since there is no "Storage Group" concept (like in our VNX/VMAX) I was looking at using Tags to do this. If someone has a better idea, feel free to chime in.

3 Posts

September 12th, 2016 11:00

Got some more Caffeine and realized the error in my ways. I wasn't drilling deep enough into the api/json/v2/types/tags/ item. I found that my list of volumes is right there under direct-list. 2016-09-12_14h20_40.png

33 Posts

September 12th, 2016 18:00

Glad you were able to figure this out.

By any chance are you building out the entire workflow manually or are you using UCS Director's native integration with XtremIO as part of the 5.5 release? (Cisco UCS Director EMC XtremIO Management Guide, Release 5.5 - Cisco)

3 Posts

September 13th, 2016 12:00

Yes, we are going to the use the Native Integration where possible. It doesn't appear that "Tags" were considered in the current integration.

No Events found!