Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

March 17th, 2016 11:00

XtremIO Simulator VM??

Hello,

I am an EMC Partner and looking for an XtremIO Simulator that I can run as a VM for sales demos, as well as to get familiar with the UI and CLI.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Bill

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 22nd, 2016 11:00

For me - no. Demonstrating how we interact with XtremIO (along with other EMC storage arrays) is my goal.  Our application would be issuing REST calls.  It doesn't need to do much active resource management, but at least respond nicely to requests with mock data.

I understand other people would like an easy way to demo the product via the GUI, and would agree it would be useful.  Just not for my purposes.

My alternative to is to build a REST server that mimics a subset of the APIs we use from XtremIO.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

Interested as well for development and demos.

727 Posts

We don't have a virtual version of XtremIO, if thats what you are asking for.

Would it help if you get a GUI Simulator which would mimic how the XtremIO GUI would look like - but it would NOT have any backend where the storage is actually allocated, you would not be able to run RestAPI calls, etc.

727 Posts

March 22nd, 2016 13:00

Understood and thanks for the feedback.

May 13th, 2016 05:00

I agree, an XtremIO Simulator would be very nice to have, especially when you are trying to expose and train other individuals in an organization, or simply when trying to test scripts, etc.

May 13th, 2016 05:00

Was just at EMC World 2016, and there was an XtremIO 4.0 Simulator available in the Labs area, something similar would be a very useful tool.

727 Posts

May 13th, 2016 08:00

The simulator used in the Hands on lab at EMC world was a GUI simulator and not the XMS simulator. What this means is that it would not respond to RestAPI commands, etc. Is this what you were referring to?

25 Posts

May 30th, 2019 06:00

HI,

Where can I download this simulator?

I am looking just  to get familiar with the GUI.

Thanks

D

No Events found!