Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2017 06:00

XtremIO X1 - illegal pstn when creating cluster

We are getting the following error when we try to create a cluster.  THis is a XtremIO X1 (4.0) that was configured by someone else and is no longer here and we had to move it and re-IP it without a XMS server.  We have tried reimaging it but that has not helped and we tried to get help from EMC Support, but without paying a hourly rate we can't get support.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated on how to resolve this issue or where to go to get more information about this issuee.  The XMS Server (3.0) is a new deployment.  If there is a way to wipe all configuration and start over that is doable as well.  We have looked everything we can try to find and nothing.

Error:

016:53:14 - Illegal PSNT_part_number 100-586-007-00 was detected.

[#                                                  ] 0%    Discover Cluster configuration    (elapsed time 00:00:20)

*** XMS Completion Code: illegal_psnt_part_number

Command we are running on the XMS:

create-cluster expected-number-of-bricks=1 cluster-name="xbrick1" sc-mgr-host="192.168.100.101" cluster-psnt="APM00xxxxxxxxx"

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 20th, 2017 04:00

Hi Elvis,

I'm from the Support Center Can you email me the cluster PSNT (serial number) and your contact details, then I will look into the history of the array and get something for you to go forward with this. email me at anne.cussen@dell.com

Regards, Anne

2 Posts

October 20th, 2017 08:00

Anne @ Dell EMC was able to login and assist in getting this corrected.  There were 2 issues, the burn in Part Number that was used was incorrect, but the storage controller had to be reformatted first before the correct Part Number + PSTN could be assigned to each Storage Controller. 

Thank you Anne, solved almost 3 weeks of trying to solve this issue.

No Events found!