Start a Conversation

Unsolved

2 Posts

August 24th, 2018 12:00

XtremIO XMS

I am looking at buying an XtremIO brick off eBay, and was wondering if I would be able to download the XMS OVA or will I need a service contract? If I do need a service contract how much does that cost?

18 Posts

August 2nd, 2019 08:00

Hello Macrules34, If you have access to the Dell/EMC support site you would be able to download the OVA for the virtual XMS. However you would not have access to the XtremIO software package. I would also advise that XtremIO are tied to the serial number for the overall array. If someone decided to piece out their multi-brick XtremIO to multiple single brick XtremIO's you would encounter a conflict when attempting to get a service contract as all the bricks would be using the same exact overall cluster serial number. This could result in multiple customers trying to register the same array. As any use of the XtremIO would require the XIOS software which is not customer accessible I would recommend having a discussion with your local Dell/EMC team in regards to purchase options of XtremIO and/or service contracts. You may want to opt to purchase an XtremIO from a partner re-seller in order to ensure all the correct permissions, service contracts and software are included. Best Regards David Simpson
No Events found!