Highlighted
yukfaili
6 Indium

XtremIO version 4.0.1-7 IPMI

Jump to solution

Just went from version 3 to version 4.0.1-7.

Is there still support for IPMI? I can't find any information on it except for some on the EMC Japanese site:

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=search&rurl=translate.google....

I am facing an issue in which this KB normally would fix:

https://emc--c.na5.visual.force.com/apex/KB_BreakFix_1?id=kA1700000001Jcj

Also reading through the release notes, I don't see anything there either.

Any help would be nice. Thank You.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
8 Krypton

Re: XtremIO version 4.0.1-7 IPMI

Jump to solution

IPMI is used for platform monitoring (BBUs, storage controllers) internally by the software as well as by our support teams (if needed). We have been using IPMI for this purpose since the initial release…the only new thing is that IPMI now runs on dedicated ports on the controllers.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

IPMI is indeed supported with 4.x release. Have you reached out to EMC Support for the issue that you are facing?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Avi,

why would you want to use IPMI on an XtremIO box, especially on a multi-brick configuration ?  Power cycle a brick if it's locked up (i hope that never happens) ?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

IPMI is used for platform monitoring (BBUs, storage controllers) internally by the software as well as by our support teams (if needed). We have been using IPMI for this purpose since the initial release…the only new thing is that IPMI now runs on dedicated ports on the controllers.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

you use IPMI to monitor internal components ?  Are we talking about monitoring from external application or we are talking about cluster monitoring its own health ?

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

IPMI is used for cluster monitoring its own health. It also allows our support teams to “talk” to the HW components using IPMI, if needed.

The IPMI addresses are not even exposed on the main management network.

0 Kudos