Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 19th, 2017 16:00

XtremeIO POST REST error 400

Hello,

I need help of consistency group refresh from another consistency group ( repurpose copy refresh).

Example:

Original consistency group name:  API-CG

Repurpose  consistency group created from API-CG is:  API-CG4

I need to refresh API-CG4 from API-CG later some time with no backup option so i am trying to automate this through my code but before that i am trying this in postman web, but i am getting 400 bad request error.

Body: raw/JSON 

{

"from-consisntency-group-name": "API-CG",

"to-consisntency-group-name": "API-CG4",

"no-backup": "true"

}

Authorization credentials provided ( regular CG/snapshot POST, PUT, DELETE operations working ).

rest.png

Am i missing anything here ?  appreciate any help.

64 Posts

December 20th, 2017 11:00

Can you try hitting F5 in your browser to refresh the UI and see if that date updates?

I've just tested this myself, and I see the same thing as you - the Last Refreshed date doesn't change when I do the refresh.  But then when I hit F5, it changes to the time I did the refresh.

I'll get a bug raised for this field not refreshing correctly automatically, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual refresh is working perfectly!

64 Posts

December 20th, 2017 07:00

Unfortunately the manual isn't very clear here, but in order to do a refresh you actually need to pass another option - "refresh-data", which can have any value (eg, "true" works fine).

Otherwise what you've got looks right.

115 Posts

December 20th, 2017 10:00

Hi Scott,

we added that parameter still no luck...here I attached the screenshot.rest2.png

115 Posts

yaa forgot about that. this time its working no error but end result is not what i expected. The target consistency group didn't get refreshed, the last refresh data on target CGroup and volume  is still Dec 19 which i did first refresh.

Here i attached the both postman and Xtreme dashboard screenshot of target CG/volume.  Appreciate your help Scott!

rest5.pngrest6.png.

64 Posts

You've missed a comma between the last 2 options.

Gotta love JSON, no?

115 Posts

December 20th, 2017 11:00

yup.. I see it now. thank you so much, Scott, for your inputs. I can automate this through scripting now!

No Events found!