Highlighted
Raj_la
3 Argentium

XtremeIO POST REST error 400

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need help of consistency group refresh from another consistency group ( repurpose copy refresh).

Example:

Original consistency group name:  API-CG

Repurpose  consistency group created from API-CG is:  API-CG4

I need to refresh API-CG4 from API-CG later some time with no backup option so i am trying to automate this through my code but before that i am trying this in postman web, but i am getting 400 bad request error.

Body: raw/JSON 

{

"from-consisntency-group-name": "API-CG",

"to-consisntency-group-name": "API-CG4",

"no-backup": "true"

}

Authorization credentials provided ( regular CG/snapshot POST, PUT, DELETE operations working ).

rest.png

Am i missing anything here ?  appreciate any help.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
scotthoward
2 Iron

Re: XtremeIO POST REST error 400

Jump to solution

Can you try hitting F5 in your browser to refresh the UI and see if that date updates?

I've just tested this myself, and I see the same thing as you - the Last Refreshed date doesn't change when I do the refresh.  But then when I hit F5, it changes to the time I did the refresh.

I'll get a bug raised for this field not refreshing correctly automatically, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual refresh is working perfectly!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
scotthoward
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Unfortunately the manual isn't very clear here, but in order to do a refresh you actually need to pass another option - "refresh-data", which can have any value (eg, "true" works fine).

Otherwise what you've got looks right.

Highlighted
Raj_la
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

we added that parameter still no luck...here I attached the screenshot.rest2.png

Highlighted
scotthoward
2 Iron

Jump to solution

You've missed a comma between the last 2 options.

Gotta love JSON, no?

Highlighted
Raj_la
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

yaa forgot about that. this time its working no error but end result is not what i expected. The target consistency group didn't get refreshed, the last refresh data on target CGroup and volume  is still Dec 19 which i did first refresh.

Here i attached the both postman and Xtreme dashboard screenshot of target CG/volume.  Appreciate your help Scott!

rest5.pngrest6.png.

Highlighted
scotthoward
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Can you try hitting F5 in your browser to refresh the UI and see if that date updates?

I've just tested this myself, and I see the same thing as you - the Last Refreshed date doesn't change when I do the refresh.  But then when I hit F5, it changes to the time I did the refresh.

I'll get a bug raised for this field not refreshing correctly automatically, but I'm pretty sure you'll find the actual refresh is working perfectly!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Raj_la
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

yup.. I see it now. thank you so much, Scott, for your inputs. I can automate this through scripting now!