Error codes VLT0204 and PWR2402 on a PowerEdge R720XD
Hello i recently shut down this server to do a cpu swap (2x E5-2670 to 2x E5-2660v2), after rebooting the server it refuses to power on with just iDRAC working with the "PWR2402: iDRAC is unable to communicate with power management firmware." and "VLT0204 The system board fail-safe voltage is outside of range." Errors.
I have tried the following:
- Tried the old cpus 2670's and the new 2660v2's and tried inserting CPU 1 to the CPU 2 socket.
- Removed all the ram but one stick in the A1 slot, Removed all the pcie risers and Unplugged the power connections to the backplane. Also tried removing all the hotswappable fans.
- Swapped PSU 1 with PSU 2 and tried with a single one inserted (1100W )
- Physically moving the server to a different location.
- Setting the NVRAM_CLR jumper and unplugging and replugging along with holding the power button down for 20 seconds in between and leaving it unplugged overnight.
- Updating iDRAC to the latest firmware and attempted to update the bios which failed due to not being able to reboot.
As of now in any configuration when powered the only functional things are the iDRAC and fan 4 which runs at lowest speed. No other fans react when powered.