Screen brightness only goes up to 20%; screen dims and flickers (XPS 13 -9370)
Laptop: XPS 13 -9370
- bios 1.11.1
- Display Adapter: intel UHD Graphics 620 (188.8.131.5212; khronos group 2019-09-12 )
- Monitor : Generic PnP Monitor (10.0.18362.207; Microsoft WinBuild 16101.0800)
_ Problem: The screen "brightness" slider-bar can only go up to 20%. When I adjust the brightness beyond 20%, the screen starts dimming and flickering.
I've been actively struggling with this problem and nothing is fixing the problem.
I've read and followed many posts on these boards (2019-09) and done the following ( ...multiple times, lol) :
1) updated the following drivers :
un/re-installed via Device Manager
- Display Adapter : intel UHD Graphics 620
- Monitor - Generic PnP Monitor
Ran DELL's Suport Assist and everything updated :
- multiple FAILURES to install the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console"
Category: Serial ATA
Release Date: August 20, 2019
2) un-installed to previous version of Windows 10 (then reinstalled when I saw that nothing changed).
- OS Build10.0.18362
- Build Branch19h1_release
3) ran the Intel Drivers and Support Assistant, which updates drivers directly from Intel (graphics card, chipset)
I do not see on my computer, neither in the bios nor anywhere else, the control option available concerning "automatic-adjustment" of birghtness"; thus I cannot disactivate this option that some claim cause them problems.