Alienware 18 Charger Randomly Disconnects during gameplay
I re-edited the post to make it as clear as possible:
I realized my charger is disconnecting randomly during gameplay, the things that are happening right now are:
- Battery Icon in TaskBar is showing that im on battery and the charger isn't connected at all.
- While im playing a game, I realize im going from a smooth 60+ FPS to 21 to 40 FPS.
- Whenever 2 is occuring, I hurry to my Desktop to check if the charger is disconnecting, but suprisingly, its still connected. This is before the Charger disconnects by itself.
- It only happens after an hour of gaming, when the laptop's CPU or GPU has warmed up from the games. Average Temp whenever this problem is occuring is around 60-70C degress, which is quite normal for me.
- Dust has accumulated a little bit into the Charger Socket in the laptop, I think this is one of the cause of the problem.
- I check if the PowerBrick itself is losing power, nope, Light is glowing solid.
I need help, this laptop was bought from a retail store, not from Dell/Alienware themselves, so the Store Warranty is now void(Just 1 month store warranty).
UPDATE: I think I know the exact thing that makes it happen, I had my Charger plugged into an extension cable, when I took the charger off there and plugged it directly to the wall, the problem never happens anymore, except that the battery wont charge to 100% anymore and getting stuck at 99%.