RE: BRAND NEW Alienware X51 R2 Black Screen
There might be a problem with some windows files, I will recommend you to follow this instructions:
- While being on the Black Screen with the cursor only Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE
- Open Task Manager and click on File and “Run New Task”
- Open MSCONFIG and choose to restart on Safe Mode
- On Safe Mode, go to Control Panel, go to Programs and Features and Uninstall the “Registry Optimizer”, “PC Optimizer” or similar.
- Check an option from the Uninstaller to Remove all Software Data (It is in small letters)
- Open the registry editor and remove corrupted registry values.
- Open Regedit
- Open Registry Editor Screen
- Find the following registry values and remove them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
Please let me know if those steps help you fixing the problem.
Dell | Alienware Technical Support
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: