Xcross
1 Nickel

Re: Alienware m17x black screen

Finally some people with the exact same issue as me. I got

M17x

4096mb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 260m (and the 9400m ofcourse)

BIOS Ver A07 1.000PARTTBLZ

64bit windows 7

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P8600  @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

The sad thing was that my computer worked out "fine" but then I found out "hey, I am supposed to have SLI with 260m drivers, why can't I find them?". So when I got the drivers installed (correctly?) the 260m drivers would dissappear after some time. Yet now I got it fixed after reinstalling the bios and activating them inside the bios setup since they were somehow automaticly disabled there.

Now after getting them running I can run games on much higher graphics and such but I get the same problem as you guys. My screen turns black every now and then, I can hear audio and some times see the cursor. Often happens when gaming but also happend randomly while looking around at youtube for an example. And yeah, I noticed that it gets very heated at the back when I got SLI running.

Yet I have tried to clean the fans, but I haven't bought a cooler since it does not seem to be the main problem. Still, I will get one sooner or later anyhow.

But I would LOVE a fix for this black screen problem cuz I have found NONE. Else I will send it in to reperation but I doubt they will find a stable fix for it. I notice alot of people got this problem, but why is it so hard to find a good fix for it? It would suck to game with my 9400m card, force me to always have graphics on minimum in most games.

Please don't let this thread die 😧

0 Kudos