RE: Hard disk clicking on Alienware 14 ...?
I don't know the answer, but if I heard strange clicking from HDD, I would:
- Backup important data
- Read SMART data from drive. For starters ... 05, C5, and C6 should all be 0.
If I had a lot of software installed (or no access to Windows re-installation media) ... probably a full system Image as well.
I think calling phone support would be in order right about now.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.