RE: Alienware X51 R2 formatting hard drive
There is no File System on a blank drive with no partitions.
Not sure why you are messing with Win-7 still. From a working PC, you can create a Win-10 ISO bootable flash-drive installer.
Might also be your BIOS settings:
For Win7 try: Legacy, AHCI, SecureBoot-OFF
For Win8/Win10 try: UEFI, AHCI, SecureBoot-ON
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.