KnightUk
1 Copper

Aurora ALX - Active Venting problem

Hi,

I have a new aurora alx, only a few days old, and i'm having problems with the active venting. It gets stuck between the closed and open posistions! So to get it to open I have to lift it slightly into its middle open posistion. It will move from half open to fully open just fine, but if I then tell it to close and open again.. stuck!

Help anyone? I really don't want to be stuck with a brand new alienware with an annoying problem like this! I know its not vital, but its so annoying on such a nice, and new system that costs so much that it could be broken so quickly..

Thanks

0 Kudos
Rich Dewees
2 Iron

Re: Aurora ALX - Active Venting problem

The vents on my Area 51 ALX squeaked so bad whenever they moved I had to lightly apply grease to every screw and metal slide I could find. These things are just another "cool" "gimmick" like the AlienFX and the AlineGUIse that may or may not work all the time for everyone. For the money we paid for these things, call AW tech support and have a tech come out.
AW Area 51 ALX Bios-A11 CC-2.8.11.0 Processor-I975 3.33 OC 3.83 RAM-6 GB 1333 Video Card-Dual NVidia GTX295 Video Driver-342.01 Sound Card-SB X-FI Titanium (Removed) SSD (Primary/OS)-480GB Corsair Neutron XT Spare Hard Drive-Dual 300G, 10K RPM RAID 0 Spare Hard Drive-640G (For System Back-Up Images) Optical Drive-DVD DH-24/Blu-Ray BH-30N Monitor-Dell S2817Q 5 Port USB 3.0 PCI Card Keyboard-AW TactX Mouse-AW TactX OS-Win 10 Pro 64 bit
0 Kudos
schneiderman
2 Bronze

Re: Aurora ALX - Active Venting problem

Had the same problem on my Area-51.  TS replaced fin unit and problem was solved.

Alienware Area-51 X58

Bios A10

Intel Core i7 Extreme 990X @ 3.47 MHz

Boot Drive 1.5Tb

2nd  drive 2x1.5Tb Raid 1

3rd Drive 2x2Tb Raid 1

4th Drive 1.5Tb

Command Center 2.6.11.0

Windows 7 Ultimate Professional, SP1

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

BH30N Blu-Ray burner/DH-24ABS CD/DVD player

24.0” Dell U2410 UltraSharp™ Full HD Monitor

23.0” Alienware AW2310 OptX™ Full HD Gaming Monitor, 3D capable

NVIDIA 3D Vision

Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium series

USB: keyboard and Mouse, printers, webcam, hard drives,...

0 Kudos