Re: M11x r3 i7 A05 Bios flash fail
So I basically followed the steps to recover the BIOS from another guy who has a M17x R3, I will sum up:
- download the bios from Dell (A05 in my case)
- use winrar to extract the .fd file from the bios executable file
- rename the .fd file to PAR00X64.fd
- copy that file to a FAT32 USB flashdrive (it seems not all flash drives are recognized, try with several models if you don't succeed, I tried 3 models)
- unplug the battery and the power cord
- put the USB drive in the left port
- hold the "END" button and plug the power cord, the fan starts and no beep at startup (in my case), you can release the END button
- you will see the USB drive flash after a few seconds, the laptop is actually flashing the bios automatically
- the laptop will reboot and do stuff, after a while (3-4mins in my case) it will come back to life!
- enjoy relief and a cold beer
I hope this will help other people suffering a bricked M11x R3.
M11x R3 - i7 2617M - RAM 8Go - GeForce GT 540M 2Go - Momentus XT 500Go - Intel wifi N6300 - Dell Bluetooth 375