Re: I have an Alienware 17 R4. Does it have Pcie interface to use the newest generation pcie ssd's???
If you had Windows and main programs on a conventional spinning hard-drive, the move to a M.2 NVMe SSD is going to be like night-and-day ... it will be much faster.
If you are moving from a 2.5-inch SATA-3/600 SSD ... it will be a little faster for certain things, but not like above difference. Mainly because SATA-SSD is already pretty fast. However, a M.2 NVMe SSD is about 4-5 times faster, it's just that the perceived speed difference would be a different feeling.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.