Power Surges and Brown-outs can damage PC Power-Supplies, MotherBoards, or anything inside PC. Also, your external USB drives. Your software and Windows can also get corrupt.
Inexpensive power-strip like surge suppressors are pretty useless. You need a real battery backup like APC or CyberPower. They run about us$125.
They have isolation transformer inside (or similar circuit) that protects machine.
If all that happened is some boot-orders got switched around, you got very lucky (that time).
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.