ElegantYear
1 Nickel

Alienware X51 AlienFX colors not changing

The title is kind of self explanatory

Long story short, when I select a color and click "apply", the color on my Alienware stays the same, nothing happens, despite it claiming it worked.

0 Kudos
AndrewSi
4 Tellurium

RE: Alienware X51 AlienFX colors not changing

Hello, have you tried uninstalling and re-installing command center?

0 Kudos
Alienware-Naomi
4 Germanium

Hi!

As AndrewSi suggested, the first step is to try to re-install the Command Center. Check and follow the instructions on the article and let me know if the issue persists. 

Alienware-Naomi
Dell | Alienware Technical Support Alienware Arena
#IWork4Dell
Opening your case does not void your warranty! Check out Alienware Artificial Intelligence
I can't always reply to PM's, if you need extra assistance visit: YouTube Logo Facebook Logo Twitter Logo

0 Kudos
ElegantYear
1 Nickel

Thanks, guys, that helped a lot. The colors are working once again.

0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this part have been answered, but my Alienware x51 chassis's lights do not change only the keyboard and mouse works and also i ran the AlienFX tester the first time but only worked for keyboard and mouse then i tried it again after i restarted my computer and i got this error: 

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
at Microsoft.SDK.Samples.VistaBridge.Interop.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoGetObject(String pszName, BIND_OPTS3& pBindOptions, Guid riid)
at Microsoft.SDK.Samples.VistaBridge.Services.UACManager.LaunchElevatedCOMObject(Guid Clsid, Guid InterfaceID)
at ICSharpCode.UAC.COMElevation.start(Guid CLASSID, Guid IID)
at ICSharpCode.UAC.COMElevation.Start(Guid CLASSID, Guid IID)
at AlienLabs.Tools.Classes.UacAPIClass.getCom(Guid CLASSID, Guid IID)
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Communication.Andromeda.Classes.ElevatedAPIClass.initAPIOperations()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Communication.Andromeda.Classes.ElevatedAPIClass.get_Status()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.TesterMainForm.setBoardInfo()
at AlienLabs.AlienFX.Tester.TesterMainForm.FXWindow_ContentRendered(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Window.<PostContentRendered>b__4(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

please help me, thanks.

0 Kudos