Re: 'COM Surrogate is not responding' Alienware M17X-R4 (Tag removed)
I've been experiencing a problem. When I am viewing documents/photos in the picture viewer, it crashes, greys out and shows the following error message:
"COM Surrogate has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you is a solution is available"
You can also restore machine to factory defaults. Update Windows through Windows Update, but DO NOT install any applications yet. Observe Windows working properly. This will prove Windows and machine Hardware is working properly.
Install latest versions of third-party apps, one-at-a-time. Install any upgrade patches for that app. Test after each one to help track down the problem one.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer
- Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine.
- I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee.
- Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up"
- Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting.
- Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.